Heyy Everyone!! I wanted to answer all these questions months and months ago but I totally forgot about them till I came across this draft post. There’s seriously nothing left for the year to end! I have mixed feelings about 2020. What about you?
1. What are your tips for balancing school/social life and blogging?
Nice one. Well, the first tip is obviously making a schedule and sticking to it plus drafting some posts to be available anytime. Also, you can minimize the number of posts you upload in a week.
2. What is your first memory?
My first memory is when I was a kid of 3 or something. I woke up and found no one at home, I was more confused than frightened. That was when my mom and dad work full time and the year when my brother started school.
3. What are your tips for revising for exams?
I’ve wrote two posts for dealing with exams but my ways for revising has changed this year. Mostly it’s:
• revise a week before exam so everything won’t get bundled
• make short notes beforehand
• when you’re done with studying revise everything at once
4. Pineapples on pizza or nope should never happen?
Nope! I don’t think pineapples belong to pizza, mostly cause it’s a fruit but also cause I don’t think it’ll taste good.
5. Which musicians do you had the biggest influence on who you are today?
Even though I had a huge obsession over Zayn for the past two years yet his music had huge effects on me. Some of them are fun to listen and others are meaningful which kinda hits me emotionally.
6. If you could have anyone’s life for a week (past or present) who would it be and why?
I think I’ll have my mom’s past. She used to tell us many stories about her past and things they had back then which doesn’t exist anymore. I’ve always wanted to know how does a VCR work?
7. When’s the last time you cried and why?
I’m a really emotional person, I even cry when I watch movies or read books. So, I guess that’s when I watched the movie Hachi, with my siblings.
8. What’s make you feel uneasy, overwhelmed or anxious?
When people have an eye on me, like when they judge me and try to make me feel bad about something I love about myself. Usually, I don’t give a damn about what people think about me but when they are rude to me in front of everyone then I’ll be really uneasy.
9. What scene in a movie evoked the most feelings out of you?
There was this scene from the movie Wonder, when Auggie called himself ugly and his mom replied with: “Because I’m your mom, it doesn’t count? Because I’m your mom, I know who you are..” oH gOd I couldn’t stop crying.
10. A harsh truth you ignored but shouldn’t?
The fact that you just can’t be friends with someone when it’s not meant to be.
11. Crushes from birth to now ready set go.
Seriously Bay? I’m gonna disappoint you here cause I don’t have a huge list of crushes. I think the first crush I had was when I was in grade 3, I told my best friend about that but later I found out that girls in my class either had a crush on him or on the other cute boy. I think our arabic teacher got to know and OMG we were just kids!! The recent one is actually in 8th grade, I know it’s been so long. But I stopped having crush on him in 9th. I was growing up, people!! xD
12. When have you caused the most harm to yourself?
When I put myself in a place I’m not supposed to be in.
13. Have you ever had recurring dreams?
14. Would you rather be loved but not love or love but not be loved?
I would rather love but not be loved. It just hurts to know that someone loves you but you can’t love them back.
15. Why did you call your blog hiddenzzz?
Y’all it’s not a capital ‘h’ okay?
I’ve been waiting for this question since the beginning. It’s a long story though. I had a Google+ account back when I was 12, it was better than instagram when it comes to fandoms. And I was so crazy, like really crazy about anime and I always love those cold, dark characters with hidden past and stuffs. So, I named my account hidden. When I made my Instagram and Twitter I named my accounts that and when I decided to make this blog, I wanted all my platforms to have the same name. And the ‘zzz’ were just for the aesthetics.
16. When’s the last time you travelled?
It’s been really so long since I traveled. The last times I traveled was when I was 3 or 4 and it was to my beautiful hometown.
17. What struggles do you face wearing the hijab in the middle east?
I didn’t face any struggles wearing the hijab, in fact people encouraged me.
18. How do you feel about women talking off their hijab nowadays and what advice would you give them?
Now, that’s something that irritates me. I used to think that this doesn’t happen anymore but it still does. Najwa Zebain is a fine example. After her fame she, her clothing style changed and eventually she removed her hijab. The thing about women removing their hijab is that it gives a bad reputation to Islam itself. If you don’t wanna wear the hijab then don’t, no one is physically forcing you. If you’re really ready to wear hijab and stick it despite everything then wear it but wearing it for fashion or for God-knows-what? I don’t believe that’s right.
19. What’s your favorite thing to get from the baqala?
To everyone out there, baqala means grocery in arabic xD. I love this question. I mostly buy those small tutti frutti candies and all kinds of chips made in Oman. They’re the BEST.
20. In all UAE, what is your favorite mall?
I know this might sound common but the Mall of Emirates is so huge and beautiful.
21. Your take on the Uighurs in China and awareness in UAE?
Once I’ve heard about what muslims face in China, I tried to spread this around all my social media platforms and made my family and friends aware about this matter. Here, many schools made sure to make students aware about different issues like discrimination, racism and opressions happening around the world through different programmes.
22. What would you change about education?
One thing is, the amount exams we have in a year. I know exams are important to evaluate our performance and so on. But they should keep in mind that we’re just humans and the amount of stress and time spent on studies alone is just so much to handle.